Where to play the best French roulette online?
And here we are again talking about the queen of Online roulette ! Included in the catalog of best online casinos Legal we obviously find different variations of French roulette.
French roulette is a version of the game with a moderate house edge, similar to the European variant, especially when compared to the American wheel. It also differs in some types of special bets and a more chic terminology.
Below is our usual top 3, with the tables of Roulette Live favorite of ours editorial staff on GaymerX.
1.Football French Roulette (Playtech)
The rules of French roulette combined with football. This hilarious version of the wheel is brought to you by Snai e Sisal.com : in addition to the classic bets, you will find the Goal option to bet on five random "Neighbors" marked by footballer shirts, with multipliers reaching up to x100.
- Themed roulette
- Special bets
- Win multipliers
2. French Roulette (Playtech)
The classic French Roulette table with a live dealer that you are free to interact with during your bets. French Roulette by Playtech is available, among others, also in the Live casino Of StarCasino . Therefore, the rules of "en prison" and "la partage" will help you.
- French bets
- HD cameras
- Stream 24/7
3. Live Casino French Roulette (Evolution)
The emotions of the bets and the charm of the live tables can also be found in the salon StarVegas. Playing license plate french roulette evolution you will have seven betting options available, with the possibility of taking advantage of the advantages of the rules that distinguish this wheel.
- More betting options
- HD definition
- Live streams
French roulette rules and odds
The rules of French roulette allow the player to place different types of bets and apply useful strategies to increase potential winnings.
The goal of the game
As with the other versions, the aim is to guess the number, color or value of the box inside a wheel on which the ball thrown by the croupier lands.
Types of French Roulette bets
The allowed bets in online French roulette can be mainly divided into inside bets and outside bets, and there are also other types of bets that do not fall into these two categories.
These are all bets that refer to a number.
- Full or single number: bet on a single number on the wheel;
- Pair of numbers or horse: bet placed on a pair of adjacent numbers vertically or horizontally on the table;
- Triplet: bet on a sequence of three horizontally adjacent numbers;
- Quadruplet or carré: placed on the corner that joins a series of four numbers;
- Sestina: it is a doubled triplet, i.e. you bet on two rows of three numbers positioned horizontally.
They are those bets that concern the color, the horizontal or vertical sequences and the even or odd value.
- Dozen: The player bets on one of three number sequences ranging from 1 to 12, 13 to 24 and 25 to 36.
- Column: the player bets on one of the three columns indicated on the French roulette table;
- Even or odd: bet on the value of the number which, with the exception of zero, will give an even or odd result;
- Low or high numbers (manque au passe): bet covering numbers ranging from 1 to 18 (low) or those ranging from 19 to 36 (high);
- Red or black: in this case the bet is on the color of the numerical box.
Other types of bets
These particular betting options are known as betting systems or announced bets.
- Near zero: the bet is on a sequence of seventeen numbers arranged in the arc of the wheel that goes from 22 to 25, passing through 0;
- 5/8 bet: the 5/8 series is considered the opposite bet to the previous one and consists of betting on the 12 numbers placed in the arc that goes from 27 to 33;
- Orfanelli: these are the 8 numbers excluded from the series of neighbors of 0 and 5/8, therefore 1, 6, 9, 14, 17, 20, 31 and 34;
- Nassa: similar to the orphans, the nassa bet is based on 8 numbers included between the neighbors of zero: 0, 3, 12, 15, 19, 32 and 35.
- In prison and la partage: a dual option allowed in French roulette that applies when the ball stops on zero. In this case, the player who made an even-money bet (e.g. even/odd) can either withdraw half of their wager (la partage) or leave the bet for another spin (en prison).
RTP, payout and house edge
In the following table we have included the payouts and odds for the outside and inside bets accepted in French Roulette, along with the house edge and RTP index.
|Bet type||Payouts||Probability of winning||House edge||RTP|
RTP (Return To Player)
RTP is a key figure for any online or land-based casino game, as it reveals to the player the statistical percentage of return to player over multiple plays.
In the case of online French roulette this value stands out at 97.30% and therefore ensures the player a convenient return.
As with the other versions of roulette, even in French roulette different types of bets give rise to payouts that can also generate values that are very distant from each other.
Obviously, lower payouts are inversely proportional to the probability of success, so they will give you a better chance of guessing the outcome.
The House edge , or even house edge, indicates the advantage of the casino over the players. In French and European roulette, this value is given by 0 and therefore is the same: 2.70%.
Differences between French Roulette and other variants
First let's analyze in detail the differences between French roulette and the others variants available, we propose a summary table.
|French Roulette||European Roulette||American Roulette|
|Number of boxes||37 boxes||37 boxes||38 boxes|
|En prison rule||Yes||No||No|
Difference between French Roulette and European Roulette
French roulette and that European they have many elements in common and some that distinguish them.
One difference is the French denomination associated with each action of the game, but the ones most relevant to bets are the rules of la partage and en prison, which are not allowed in European roulette.
Difference between French Roulette and American Roulette
There American Roulette it is a more simplified version of French roulette, in fact it excludes any type of bet announced, leaving only the external and internal bets.
An undoubtedly distinctive element is the presence of the double 0 which makes American roulette less profitable.
How a round of French Roulette is structured
Let's see what are the steps of a French roulette game round.
- Place your bet on the game table
Each player at the table will make his own bet, deciding the amount to bet.
- Throwing the ball
After recording all the bets of the participants at the table, the croupier declares the bets closed and spins the roulette wheel. The pocket where the ball stops will be the winning one.
- Stop betting
The croupier signals the stop to bets, making valid only those placed up to that moment.
- The ball stops
From the moment the ball lands in a box, the croupier signals the winning number by placing a disk in correspondence with the same number on the board.
- Conclusion of the round
The croupier collects the losing bets and then pays the winning bets.
Advanced French Roulette Strategies
If you are an already experienced player you can increase your chances of winning by adopting one of the best strategies tested for this game.
Our advice is to choose the most suitable one also considering the budget you have set for yourself, in order to limit the loss margin as much as possible.
The Martingale system applies to losing bets and consists of betting double the value lost on the next bet.
Reverse Martingale Strategy (Anti-Martingale)
As per the name, the Reverse Martingale is applied in the same way as the original, but starting with a winning bet.
The Fibonacci strategy is very interesting, although it could be very costly: in case of a loss, it consists of adding the sum of the last two losing bets in the series, in order to recover all the losses when the new bet is successful.
The Labouchere strategy applies to outside bets, including red and black, even and odd. For this system, it is necessary for the player to write down a sequence of numbers from 1 to 9, where the sum of the first and last number represents the amount to bet (in a sequence from 1 to 9, the amount will be $10).
In the event of a win, the external numbers of the sequence must be cancelled, on the contrary, in the event of failure, the value of the loss must be added to the pinned sequence.
Les jeux sont faits, now it's your turn!
French Roulette is one variant of roulette much loved by online users.
Its fame is due to some very captivating aspects, such as a low percentage of house advantage , the high value of the RTP and the numerous betting possibilities which, combined with the right strategies, increase the chances of winning.
Once familiar with his rules and having evaluated the most suitable method for your play, all that remains is to choose the version of French roulette that most attracts you and sit down at the table.
Placed your bet? Well, at this point the games are done and, as you may start to hear very often, rien ne va plus!