Online casino payment options
On this page you will find all the payment options accepted in most of the Legal gaming operators authorized by the State.
Our goal is to promote safe gambling, informing and guiding you through legal gambling channels. Finally, we remind you that on this page we only consider online casinos with a valid license.
Click on one of the buttons below to read reviews of the payment methods you are interested in, or scroll down the page for more general information on casino deposit and withdrawal methods!
What are online payment methods?
Online payment methods are the tools that allow us to top up the gaming account with the balance in our favorite online casinos.
If you're looking for detailed information on how and where to make secure and traceable casino payments, you've come to the right place!
Below we will analyze the most popular and available online payment methods, how secure they are, and which ones are most popular. Then we will provide a list of the most well-known deposit and withdrawal methods, classified by type.
Finally, we will try to give you some advice on why it is necessary to be careful during online transactions and to resolve any doubts among the less experienced. Let's get started right away!
How safe are your online payment details?
To play at an online casino, you need to electronically recharge a virtual account on the website where you want to play; credit cards, debit cards, prepaid cards, e-wallets, online banking methods, bank transactions, or cryptocurrencies, you name it!
These are just some of the methods we use today to move money online. But which of these are considered legal when it comes to online gambling? Which methods are the fastest and allow both deposits and withdrawals? In this brief guide, we will focus on providing more clarity on the matter.
We leave the choice of the most suitable method to your needs. What we will analyze are the aspects and criteria that are most useful for evaluating the quality of the service and, above all, to avoid getting involved in scams or irregularities!
The security protocols to refer to
The digital world unfortunately also holds unpleasant surprises and, due to the potential vulnerability of us customers, has attracted malicious figures. The response to this vulnerability of users is represented by methods of computer security. These are mainly cryptographic software that isolate the communication of data between two entities, us and the recipient server of the payment, to prevent the theft of banking details.
Fortunately, online casinos use the so-called HTTPS protocols, which we identify with the green padlock next to the link bar during operations, but also SSL (Secure Socket Layer) and even XML security systems (such as 3-D Secure).
When you come across a new casino, we always recommend checking if they use at least one of these protocols before making a deposit. If the search is negative, we invite you to request more information from the support team before starting to transfer any money.
Did you know that… ?
The government currently does not regulate payments with cryptocurrencies. There are no Legal casinos that support this payment method, although there is no formal prohibition on its use. Cryptocurrencies can mainly be used on foreign online casinos with regular licenses.
The most popular online payment methods
The most popular payment methods remain credit and debit cards, prepaid cards and electronic wallets. VISA e MasterCard continue to be the most used circuits, followed by the electronic wallet of PayPal and from prepaid PostePay .
All major banking institutions offer cards that are supported by Visa and Mastercard networks for making payments. The PostePay prepaid card, in particular, owes its success to the excellent growth experienced by the Postee group in recent decades. Those who are accustomed to conducting online transactions with an electronic wallet primarily choose PayPal, the American industry leader. Other options used bys are... Skrill e Neteller .
In general, the commissions do not exceed 3%. However, always remember to add any commission from the online casino you are trying to deposit money on (to be verified on their page dedicated to various payment methods).
Below we present a list of the main payment methods with a brief description of their characteristics such as the type of circuit, accreditation times, any applicable fees, and finally the names of some online casinos where you can use the respective method.
Table of payment methods in casinos
|payment method||Typology||Average deposit times||Average withdrawal times||Where you can find it|
|Credit/debit card||Immediate||2-5 days||
|Credit/debit card||Immediate||2-5 days||
|E-wallets||Immediate||1 to 3 days||
|E-wallets||Immediate||1 to 3 days||
|Prepaid card||Immediate||1 to 3 days||
|E-wallets||Immediate||1 to 3 days||
List of main payment methods
In addition to those mentioned above, there are of course many other payment methods. Below we will try to give a more thorough and complete classification.
Credit and debit cards
- VISA - The Visa channel is used by over 20,000 banking institutions. Players can use all their debit or credit cards easily and quickly; it is among the most commonly used methods among digital gaming platforms.
- MasterCard – Mastercard is the other name that dominates the credit card transaction industry, but unlike Visa it often does not allow withdrawals from online casinos.
- American Express - Although it is considered a rare online payment method for casino games, some gaming sites allow the use of American Express card to deposit on certain sites. That being said, the option to withdraw funds is not always available.
- Astro Paycard
- bitcoins Cryptocurrencies are spreading more and more worldwide, and Bitcoin is the most famous. Currently, regulations do not yet allow Legal casinos to accept crypto, but many European casinos have started including Bitcoin among their payment options.
- Ethereum – It is the second largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization and the second most used on European online casino sites.
- PayPal – Born in the United States, PayPal is the world leader among electronic wallets; allows you to manage bank accounts or credit/debit cards to make transactions.
- Skrill Since 2001, Skrill has been providing instant online money transfers; on the payment method page, you only need to enter the email address with which you are registered on the e-wallet website.
- revolution – This British financial company offers banking services including issuing Visa debit cards. Through the app we can authorize operations with a simple touch.
- Apple Pay – As of 2014, more and more online casinos are promoting the payment option via Face and Touch ID offered by the Apple giant.
- Pay by Phone - With this method, we can charge the deposit amount to our mobile phone tariff balance. When using this method, we receive an authorization code on the phone that needs to be entered on the website to confirm the transaction.
- PayPal Mobile App
- Skrill App
- Neteller App
Prepaid Cards and Vouchers
- PostePay – PostePay is the rechargeable prepaid card issued by Postee and is one of the most popular payment methods at Legal licensed casinos.
- Paysafecard – Paysafecard is a prepaid card that is very simple to use, which can be purchased at tobacconists and is available in many Legal casinos.
Solutions to the most common payment problems
- I can't verify my payment methods
Try checking the e-mail address associated with your profile. Usually, the payment method provider sends a notification to the user's mobile device.
- I can't change the payment method on my profile
On each website, you will find a dedicated space for your profile settings. In this section, usually, the steps to modify the chosen payment method are described. Alternatively, check the FAQ section or contact customer service.
- I can't add or remove my credit card
In licensed casinos, a card is not "added" but rather the payment data is simply stored on the computer (only at the moment when we are making the transaction and only through encrypted circuits), so it is not necessary to manually register a new card.
- I have requested a withdrawal from my account. Why does my balance keep appearing on my gaming account?
Because the withdrawal times are probably not immediate and the balance is removed only when the operation is completed.
- My last deposit was not credited to my account
First of all, check that the maximum processing times for the deposit have not expired. Sometimes they simply require more time. If the deadlines have been exceeded, we recommend contacting customer service for assistance.
- I can't withdraw my winnings
You are probably trying to withdraw winnings from a bonus for which the wagering requirements have not been met, or you have exceeded the maximum withdrawal limit of the site. In the first case, your winnings are only frozen until you meet the bonus unlocking requirements; in the second case, you will have to wait for the day, week, or month to pass, depending on your profile settings or as determined by the casino.
- I can't cancel a withdrawal
The quickest solution is to contact support to request a cancellation.
- I have not received the full amount of my winnings
Transaction fees may have been applied.
Payment methods: Did you know that… ?
Almost all online casinos avoid applying fees on debit and/or credit card transactions. However, some payment service providers may apply them under certain circumstances. Always check the terms and conditions of the payment methods on the informative pages of each platform.
10 tips for choosing your payment method
- When traveling internationally, make sure your preferred payment method is supported on the site and is not blocked.
- Always check the timing of transactions.
- Always check the deposit limits.
- Make sure you use the same method for both deposits and withdrawals to avoid inconveniences such as requests for extra documents or random checks of your account.
- When using a new payment method, always first look at any commissions, both from the casino in question and from the service provider itself.
- Check if a bonus is tied to the use of a specific payment method.
- Enter the sensitive data of your card exclusively in the appropriate spaces of the authorized website on which you play. If suspicious windows or messages appear, interrupt both the operation and the registration to the aforementioned casino.
- It can be helpful to create a payment account that is only used for making transactions on various online casino sites.
- Check that the platform uses effective IT protection methods to protect your data during payment transactions.
- Please contact customer service immediately in case there is any technical problem to avoid unnecessary frustration.
How to deposit and how to withdraw a winnings
Below we list the main steps to make an online casino deposit and withdrawal. Always pay attention to any commissions to avoid surprises at the time of collection.
Licensed casinos are obliged to provide adequate information on their site and all the terms and conditions that apply to their various operations.
To make a deposit:
- Open the payments page of the site
- Select the type of operation (deposit/withdrawal: deposit)
- Choose your preferred method
- Enter an amount that respects the site's minimum and maximum limits
- Please provide your account details
- Authorize payment
- (If your supplier supports the 3-D Secure protocol) open your account app and authorize the supplier to issue the payment
To make a withdrawal:
- Open the site payments page
- Select the type of operation (deposit/withdrawal: withdrawal)
- Choose the method used for the deposit or the one indicated by the casino itself
- Enter an amount that does not exceed the withdrawable balance of the gaming account
- Provide the data of the payment method on which to receive the winnings
- Complete the withdrawal request and wait for confirmation
Staying updated in the vast world of online gaming is not always easy, despite it being extremely important to be aware of the main regulations, especially when it comes to spending money. Fortunately, GaymerX It takes care of this and much more!